Thursday, November 26, 2009

Style Shuffle 2.0

Hi. Due to technical dificulties, I have no crappy iphone pics for you today so I decided to do a Style Shuffle. This is where I hit shuffle on my Ipod and give my two stylish cents about the artist that pops up! Sounds fun right?! Here we go:

1)Amel Larrieux: Oh My God she is sooooo awesome.



She is very bold and adventurous with her style choices but she doesn't let the clothes wear her. She always pics one really great, huge accessory or pattern as the focus. Gorgeous.

2)The Cure: What do say about Robert Smith?!




Alot I guess. When I was 14 I was completely influenced by darker more 'gothic' bands and espescially their style. I love the Cure and Siouxsie and the Banshees and Depeche Mode and The Smiths and Joy Division and all that jazz. Robert smith has amazing Personal Style. He's a total original and he's been immitated by every depressed 15 year old I know.

3)Q-Tip: Oh I love A Tibe called Quest! Q-Tip has been my imaginary boyfriend on many occasion. I am also very influced by 90's Hip Hop stylewise and A tribe called Quest is a great example. They are part of that movement that was Hip Hop but not neccessarily completley 'urban' or 'gangster'. They are a bit more Bohemian and not afraid to say it.

I couldn't really find any great examples of their style on-line but I did find these amazing 'Tribe called quest edition' Kicks that someone can buy for me if you want.

4)Bob Marley: I think if I really sat down and thought about it, I have probably spent more time watching, Listening to or thinking about Bob Marley more than any one else I can think of. Bob Marley is also the most beautiful man I can think of-besides my Husband of course :) Some of my earliest memories involve watching or listening to him with my Dad. He looked amazing all the time. I can't really go on or else this will turn into a Bob Marley Style blog and that isn't really what I was going for. Let's look at some pictures




Perfect.

Wanna know what is not perfect? This:

Look, I don't want to be mean, and I CERTAINLY don't want to offend anyone but I do find it very unfortunate that the Universe has given us something so perfect as Bob Marley but like a cruel joke, this amazing man has inadvertantly contributed the the existence of Hippy Dreads. Were it not for Bob Marley, I probably would not be subject to this patchouli smelling nightmare. There I said it. I'm moving on.

5) D'Angelo: Um...Um....





D'angelo should not wear Clothes.


Alrighty well that was fun! Don't forget to leave comments and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. No, D'angelo SHOULD wear clothes! Yeah, I'm a hater. :/
    Patchouli smelling nightmare? Bwahahaha!
    Comparison to Bob is too kind, babe,but thanx.
    No worries on the phone issue, I'm sure it'll be resolved by tomorrow and you can resume taking crappy pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog, and this is the first of many comments. I just had to leave a comment on this post.. it was hilarious!!!!! and as a tribute, I plan to do the same thing tomorrow.. to commemorate my 50th blog post (although today was the 50th post.. anyway!).. Thanks for being a follower..I too am your new follower!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Stylish.