Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gypsies are STYLISH.

Hey folks. I hate my job. At first, it was cool to get back 'out there' after being at home with my son for a year. It felt great to have to get up everyday and put actual clothing on instead of yoga pants and a tank top(those were the only things that fit!)and have more exciting places to go than the park. Well....right about now I would KILL to be at home with my son. The lycra clothing I do not miss. I'm glad I have this blog to vent. Anyway, I do love this dress!











It's clearly a summer dress but I winterized it today because it was calling at me from the hanger. I bought it from this woman named Raine who is so mysterious and cool. She has long wild curls and an olive complexion...and lots of underarm hair :) She is always traveling the world looking for beautiful things to sell in her shop. She always reminds me of a gypsy. I styled this dress vaguely gypsy-ish in honour of her because this used to be her dress. I always feel quite fabulous when I wear it. It's got good energy.
I hope everyone has a great day. Don't let your shitty job get you down. I'll try and do the same. At least I'm STYLISH!

Cardigan-Fairweather
Dress-Vintage(Gypsy named Raine)
Belt-Vintage(Clothing Show)
Tights-Costa Blanca
Shoes-Spring
Earrings-Courage My Love
Necklace-gifted

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the dress.
    I went to value village yesterday trying to find an ugly holiday sweater for a school party... wound up spending an hour and a half digging... I remembered how much I love funky gypsy shit, and how good I am at finding it for dirt cheap. Thought of you... might post pics.

    love

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kermie, we were just talking about VV the other day, when we passed one nearby our apt.! Lots of synchronicity going on this week, Oni :)
    I loved the last pic. Would've been perfect if it was a mid-shot from head to thigh, but very nice outfit regardless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are simply beautiful. I love clothes with good energy. :)

    ~Regina. rys

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great =)

    Shitty jobs (and working in general) suck, but at least you look good and are staying positive!

    I totally want to be a stay at home mom, just have to get a kid first I suppose . . . =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thanks everyone! I seem to have caused a slight contraversy with my use of the term 'gypsy'. I should clarify that I was not really talking about actual Romani people(who are commonly referred to as gypsies) I was talking about the stereotypical version of what a gyspy is....you know, the long skirts and shawls and hoop earrings and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Stylish.