Thursday, April 15, 2010

"I'm late for a jean-folding seminar. Let's locomote!" and other 90's tidbits

I was a teenager in the '90's. It was....interesting. Lots of flannel and black eyeliner as I recall......





And Reality Bites!!!!

Vicky Minor and Lelaina Pierce(The two female leads) pretty much sum up who I wanted to be when I grew up. Honestly, to this day, if you put the 90's version of Jeaneane Garofalo in a blender with the 90's version of Winona Ryder....the resulting goo would be my idea of the perfect woman. Lelaina was beautiful and delicate. She wore floral dresses with combat boots and vintage crochet vests. Perfect. Vicky was loud and feminist and wore platform heels and amazing polyester vintage minidresses and oversized sunglasses. Also perfect.



Part of what I love about clothing is that it can allow you to live vicariously. I feel like a Lelaina and Vicky hybrid today and it is making me smile. I'm actually pretty glad that the 90's are super trendy right now. I gives me the chance to re-live the decade without quite so much flannel and eyeliner :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful outfit. I so loved that movie , too !
    Thanks for following my blog. It means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Stylish.